Twitch/Youtube Streamer Synthetic

Yes I agree with all of those points. I think we were saying the same thing in different ways.

Synthetic = Creators Freedom = New Ways/Platforms for Interacting with their Audience.

^ This point is very important, I feel and also at the heart of what I think this project could achieve.
Also adding onto the popularity point, with this synthetic, we could make a frontend that would allow users to discover new creators, based on either the most popular coins, or the biggest increases.

Similar to https://ideamarket.io/ in a way

1 Like

Few questions:

1. Iā€™d like to understand how you see the creators involvement in this process/offering?
  2. Do you envision creating management tools for creators? Is that even necessary?

Does this project look at all like tryroll or coinvise?

1. Ideally, the creators would have to be the ones to initially create their token, I think?
  2. I donā€™t think so, and I donā€™t think itā€™s necessary. The goal is to make it as simple and easy to use as possible.

I think it is perhaps similar to tryroll and concise, only using Uma. This, of course, allows us to launch tokens for any platform as well as not needing an oracle for prices.

Sounds like there is an opportunity to build a UI for creators that sits on top of the Synthetic protocol that this team is building?

There definitely could be! I was thinking of having a basic UI that shows biggest movers or some other stock market like graphs. But as far as management is concerned I havenā€™t put any thought into it. Primary concern right now is designing the synthetic/protocol

I love this idea. But wouldnā€™t the single source of data (Youtube or Twitch) be an issue for price identifiers? Or is this not an issue in general? I have had so many ideas for synths, but every time the issue becomes of single sources of truth data.

So, from what I know, having multiple sources of data is more of a recommendation than something that is set in stone. So for youtube, obviously in theory youtube could manipulate the data, BUT assuming thatā€™s not the case itā€™s pretty easy for people to dispute or prove that a creator had x amount of views or whatever during a certain timeframe. As well, even though youtube is the only source of truth, there are multiple apiā€™s that process and present that data, so those are our multiple sources.

Your best source for the least manipulated data would be their ranking driving the amount of monetized adds awarded by each respective platform. I have seen setups of 1000 phones used to generate plays.

Do you know of an api to get that info? I know of the above that I posted for views but not sure if they have amount of money earned

There are estimated revenue metrics that are provided to streamers on youtube. I donā€™t know how willing Google is to give that out?

From you tube site.
"
estimatedRevenue (core metric) (previously named earnings )

The total estimated net revenue from all Google-sold advertising sources as well as from non-advertising sources for the selected date range and region. This is a core metric and is subject to the Deprecation Policy.

Estimated revenue metrics are subject to month-end adjustment and do not include partner-sold and partner-served advertising.

estimatedAdRevenue (previously named adEarnings )

The total estimated net revenue from all Google-sold advertising sources for the selected date range and region.

Estimated revenue metrics are subject to month-end adjustment and do not include partner-sold and partner-served advertising.

estimatedRedPartnerRevenue (previously named redPartnerRevenue )

The total estimated revenue earned from YouTube Red subscriptions for the selected report dimensions. The metricā€™s value reflects revenue from both music and non-music content and is subject to month-end adjustment.

Ad performance metrics

grossRevenue

The estimated gross revenue, in USD, from all Google-sold or DoubleClick-partner-sold advertising for the selected date range and region. Gross revenue is subject to month-end adjustment and does not include partner-served advertising. Gross revenue should not be confused with estimated revenue, or net revenue, which factors in your share of ownership and revenue-sharing agreements.

cpm (previously named impressionBasedCpm )

The estimated gross revenue per thousand ad impressions.

adImpressions (previously named impressions )

The number of verified ad impressions served.

monetizedPlaybacks

The number of instances when a viewer played your video and was shown at least one ad impression. A monetized playback is counted if a viewer is shown a preroll ad but quits watching the ad before your video ever starts. The expected estimated error for this figure is Ā±2.0%.

playbackBasedCpm

The estimated gross revenue per thousand playbacks. "