$40k – $70k • No equity
Our mission is to make financial markets universally fair and accessible.
Who is UMA?
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that financial markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We make building products in the DeFi world easy so that anyone is empowered to build and use the financial products they want. Our team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building the infrastructure for innovative DeFi products to be created with.
- Our road-map is robust. With an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always creating, experimenting, and building.
- We’re a distributed team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors alongside our journey.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join our team. You will be responsible for enhancing the entire developer and user experience by providing excellent documentation. This is an opportunity to create, curate, and deliver the critical information that informs our stakeholders and propels our mission. We are open to both long term full time or contract availability for this role.
- Technical Writing: Review, edit, and enhance documentation written by engineers;
- Manage our Docs site: create and update content that guides our developers, token holders, and community members. This includes: overviews, how-to’s, tutorials, and other newly identified opportunities for educational content.
- Collaborate: Create and update processes and methodologies that improve our documentation culture. Work across various teams to produce well documented projects as they’re being created.
- Make the complex simple: Take innovative financial and engineering developments and co-develop the narratives in a way that turns complex initiatives into easily digestible content.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience doing professional writing or editing directly for software related projects
- Proven ability to produce documentation with depth, precision, and structure.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal in English)
- Experience working for a technical company in a writing role (bonus if it highlights your passion for blockchain and crypto)
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom.
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks.
- We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Our people are our biggest asset, and for that reason we’re constantly trying to evolve in a way that keeps up with the growing trends of what people look for in the culture of their workplace. A few standard elements are:
- Competitive market research driven salary and equity
- Take paid time off when you need it (we truly mean this!)
- Flexible remote work environment that encourages everyone to create the work environment that they thrive in
- Training and development policy to allow for diverse growth opportunities
Risk Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.