The first developer mining announcement.
The second was a revision announcement.
Developer mining pays out weekly rewards to contract deployers and those deployers can pass rewards on as liquidity mining or dapp mining.
How its going right now
Developer mining has been fairly successful but its getting complicated. It’s also not been clear that rewarding at the contract level makes the most sense – Perhaps the program should be more focused on rewards at the “minting layer.”
This is how it looks right now
- It’s complicated: we have dev miners paying dapp miners and liquidity miners, but also dapp miners paying minters, and overall communicating of this structure is tough.
- It’s not so permissionless
- With very few exceptions, dev miners and dapp miners are the same. The two-layer system may not be worth the effort.
What would happen if we made dev mining only work like dapp mining?
- At the point of minting, the tokens are tagged
- The owners of the interface receive the rewards
- No contract ownership happens here – Anyone could get paid for minting tokens on an existing live contract.
Looking for feedback and thoughts on this design change.