$100k – $150k • 0.0% – 0.5%
Our mission is to make financial markets universally fair and accessible.
Who is UMA?
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that financial markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We make building products in the DeFi world easy so that anyone is empowered to build and use the financial products they want. Our team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
We’re building the infrastructure for ourselves and others to build DeFi products on top of
Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
We’re a distributed team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors alongside our journey.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a frontend engineer at UMA, who will guide and shape the user experience across all UMA products. This will require sharp time management skills and the ability to collaborate efficiently interdepartmentally.
- Work closely with designers, other engineers, and product owners to scope and build delightful frontends and dApps that allow users to interact with UMA smart contracts.
- Maintain and improve UMA’s existing frontends and projects.
- Write up quick, experimental UIs over short time frames without outside design input.
- Drive the UMA user experience forward.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years full-time experience with frontend development in React.
- Strong understanding of React, CSS, and some knowledge of Material UI or similar component framework.
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptonomic protocol design, game theory, and/or decentralized finance.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code.
- Preferred to have experience with the following technologies (in order of importance): React, React Hooks, Ethereum and Smart Contracts, web3.js, Ethers.js, Google Cloud Platform and Google App Engine, NextJS and Vercel, Docusaurus, Webpack, Babel, Typescript
We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
We value openness, honesty, and directness.
We value integrity.
We value iterative learning.
We value taking smart risks.
We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
- Our people are our biggest asset, and for that reason we’re constantly trying to evolve in a way that keeps up with the growing trends of what people look for in the culture of their workplace. A few standard elements are:
- Competitive market research driven salary and equity
- Take paid time off when you need it (we truly mean this!)
- Flexible remote work environment that encourages everyone to create the work environment that they thrive in
- Training and development policy to allow for diverse growth opportunities
Risk Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.